Wednesday, December 08, 2004

That's a Fine "How Do You Do?"

I read on someone else's blog (I forget where or else I'd link it) that in order to have a "successful" blog, a blogger has to post at least once a day, twice a day if the blogger is a good writer. Which should explain why my posting about once-a-month is a refelction of my writing skills or, errrrr... I'm confused.

But since I want this to be a "successful" blog - my ultimate dream is that I will be picked up by Cosmo or Ladies Home Journal or some other women's publication as some anomaly, a guy with a maternal instinct. Ha ha, if they only knew....

Actually, this blog is just self-advertisement in a Gore Vidal-ish sort of way except that I'm straight. I'm too cute.

So here's to posting every day, twice a day when my assessment of my writing over shadows the extent of my talent. For now I have four giant mounds of laundry looking at me, a sink full of dishes hissing at me ("It's ALIVE!!!") and two toddlers informing me they're hungry.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sure you will beable to find the time to write. You do an awesome job at it.... keep up the good work! You are just as successful as you want to be! Whether it is posting once a day or twice!

sihondagal said...

Hmmmm....twice a day? I don't know about that. But you do post at least twice a day.....your politcal blog counts too! :) -k

pinkme said...

It's about quality, not quantity. You do just fine!

Nino the Mindboggler said...

You ladies are AWESOME and you don't know how much I appreciate your support.

Like I said in my last post, I'm going to try this out, empirically, and go with 2 posts a day (even if they're short posts). After one day, though, my traffic did get a boost. We'll see.