Friday, December 10, 2004

Off To the Rents

My parents live on the north-side of Colorado Springs, about a half-hour drive from here. Not a bad thing, entirely, since they seem to enjoy spending their savings on spoiling my kids. They adore my children and if you asked them they'd tell you that yes, each of my children is capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound, tying up the loose ends of the Grand Unification Theory, and solving world hunger (if they weren't so busy dressing Our Lady of the Backyard in plastic bags or watching Shrek 2).

In return, I remit my services as lawn boy, maintenance guy, and general unpaid labor. Today, I get to go and string up their Christmas lights. I might get a loaf of Banana Bread out of it, I'll definitely get to exercise the more colorful aspects of my vocabulary.

It's an exercise in karma. And when I'm old and sunk into my barco-lounger, hopefully my kids will be up on my roof, swearing like sailors. Ah, the Circle of Life.

No comments: