Sunday, March 20, 2005

My Big Day Goes South

Listening to: Arcade Fire, Funeral


Read my Blogging For Books entry --> CLICK HERE

My six A.M. wake up call did not go well at all but what can you do? Shuffling blindly to the kitchen to start my coffee, standing under the shower head trying to eke some life out of my dead ass, it had to be done. By the time I got to work (a nine A.M. therapy group), I realized I was sick AGAIN.

Body aches, sore throat, chills... WTF? This winter has been brutal with colds/flu/yuck and I'm getting fed up with it. Really. Enough already.

By the time I got home, I was barely able to put up that last post. I'd hoped the article in today's Gazette would drive a considerable amount of traffic my way but it didn't pan out that way. I was gleefully anticipating huge numbers and they never materialized. So much for local celebrity.

So I spent the rest of the day in bed, sleeping and trying to read "Underworld". Popping Advil and Sudafed, drinking green tea and shivering under the covers. Yeesh. Fortunately X has the kids a few extra days (Spring Break) which gives me permission to lay around and feel sorry for myself (and you ask, "So what's new?").

C'mon Spring, I'm ready for ya'.

4 comments:

Puck said...

Maybe being sick makes me whiny. Someone local is reading this blog as I type (StatCounter is giving me a heads up on that!). So pretty cool... ugh, I need more tea...

Anonymous said...

Whatever your hit counts say, some of us already think you are a good writer!

--Wendryn

Puck said...

And it's incredible people like you, Wendryn, and comments like yours that makes it a joy to keep doing this.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

i was hit twice within three months with two different viruses cum bacterial infections.

i thought it was stress or that i am just getting weak or something.

i believe now that it's just a bad cold and flu season.

REST UP. that's the best thing you can do.