Sunday, June 12, 2005

No Joy in Dudville

Listening to: The Byrds, Sweetheart of the Rodeo

Wednesday was the last day I posted? Impossible. I must have been cryonically frozen and stored somewhere between the Mother Butler pies and the Butterball turkey. Otherwise, I can't figure out how time got away from me.

To be fair, I've been posting on Blogging Baby and that's taken some getting used to, getting my groove going and then finding my rhythm. Having to come up up with four posts a day has been daunting and having that hanging over my head has probably shut me down creatively. If you can bear with me, I should be back on track.

Unfortunately, this is one of those "Hey, I'm still here" posts with little substance and nothing to say. There's nothing more self-indulgent than that. Yet, here it is.

OK, here's one thing: I was watching NBC tonight and the network is running ads every commercial break for their "exclusive" interview with the bug-eyed runaway bride - a week from Tuesday! Holy shit, the interview is only ten days away! Invite the neighbors, wake up the kids, neuter the dog, nothing says "America" better than an hour of a neurotic flake and nitwit news.

I need a drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

" Holy shit, the interview is only ten days away! Invite the neighbors, wake up the kids, neuter the dog, nothing says "America" better than an hour of a neurotic flake and nitwit news."

Too funny!

Oh! Oh! Go here and read.

That's right, Anne Lamott(on your knees, people!!) has joined the world of blogging. My blogging experience is now complete. You can go over and thank our boy,Jay for the heads up.