Monday, February 26, 2007

Silly Idol

OK, so I'm as much of an American Idol geek as the next person. And my insights this week aren't earth shattering: the guys sucked, the white chicks sucked. Period. Jordan is my girl. Lamika is great, Melinda Doolittle is awesome, but I'm pulling for Jordan. Love me some Chris Sligh, but he'll get himself a career regardless.

One of my biggest beefs with the show are the mostly awful song choices. If I hear "Ribbon in the Sky" one more time I think I'll yank my intestines out through my nose with a crochet hook. One reason I love Jordan is that she picked a Joan Armatrading tune! Thank you Jeeeezus.

But what I will never, ever understand about this show is the concept of having the LOSERS "sing one more time". Huh?? "America" has just told you that you are the worst of the worst, the silt at the bottom of my gas tank, the nose goblins under Stimpy's desk.... and yet we want to hear you again? No, the point is that we NEVER want to hear you again!

And can someone please instruct Ryan Seacrest on the fine art of contestant elimination? He either pulls the band-aid off one hair at a time, or he offhandedly informs the stunned victim that he or she is heading home with about the same amount of drama in his voice that he'd use to say "Um, you've got spinach in your teeth."

So... that's my Idol wrap up for this week. The show that makes TiVO worth every penny I spend on it.

4 comments:

~d said...

"I love it when you call me names", Joan Armatrading

Anonymous said...

If they had YOU doing commentary on Entertaiment Tonight I would surely know more about what goes on in Hollywood. I would even watch American Idol.

27 ft of intestines is probably enough for a small baby blanket.
You are so gross it's contagious.

MizMell said...

NOT you..

Panthergirl said...

Hey... what's the deal, Jim? Is this a game where people guess who wrote the original blog post?

I'd hate for someone to think YOU were pulling your intestines out of your nose with a crochet hook. It took me a good 20 seconds to come up with that one.