Saturday, December 24, 2005

The playas, screw the hatas, please, screw me

Listening to: Melody's delicious mix

Reagrding my listening choice this evening - it comes from the uber-goddess Melody who not only makes rockin' mixes (oh, you need to go check and see her playlist sistas and bruthas) but sends her mixes with ART. Real honest-to-god ART, stuff you can hang on your wall and get your friends asking "who did that?" and feel cool because you have friends with actual talent.

Needless to say, Patriside has another huge crush. But I digress (and regress and de-evolve and turn into a worthless horny male) and need to wipe the drool from my chin to present the list, playas, in no particular order:

Matt
Ben
Hank
Kathy
Evil Mommy
Nat
Shari
Chuck
Sterfish
Melody
Deb
Kimberly
Mamacita
Melina

Easy handed me the tragic news that he had to put an end to his blog and so, I'll post his list (and comments) here:
I took a different approach to Mix Mania this time.
The theme was to do a holiday mix, but I've honestly
got a load of these lying around. For Christmas, I
just pop in 6 discs and set the CD player to shuffle
them.

So instead I got out the calendar and selected a song
for each holiday that came up, as well as a few that
aren't really holidays, but I felt should be observed.
The reason behind each song selection should be self
evident, even if they are stretching things a bit.

Disc 1
New Years Day
New Year's Day - U2

Martin Luther King Day
Pride - U2

Chinese New Year
China Cat Sunflower (live) - Grateful Dead

Groundhog Day
I'm Your Weatherman - Delbert McClinton

St Valentine's Day
Can't Get Enough Of Your Love - Barry White

Presidents Day
Dead Presidents - Curtis Mayfield

St Patrick's Day
Bugger Off - The Tim Malloys

April Fools Day
What a Fool Believes - The Doobie Brothers

Opening Day
Centerfield - John Fogerty

Tax Day
Taxman - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Easter
Egg Man - Beastie Boys

Arbor Day
Trees - Rush

Mothers Day
Tie Your Mother Down (remix) - Queen

Memorial Day
I've Known No War - The Who

Flag Day
US Blues - The Harshed Mellows

Fathers Day
Daddy Don't Live In That New York City No More -
Steely Dan

Disc 2
Independence Day
Justice and Independence '85 - John Mellancamp

The Real Christmas?
Christmas In July - Brave Combo

Labor Day
Finest Worksong - R.E.M.

Columbus Day
Columbus - Burning Spear

Halloween
Werewolves Of London - Warren Zevon

My Birthday
Birthday - The Beatles

Election Day
Elected - Alice Cooper

Veteran's Day
Walking On A Thin Line - Huey Lewis & The News

Thanksgiving
Alice's Restaurant Massacree - Arlo Guthrie

Chaunnukah
Chaunnukah Song (part II) - Adam Sandler

Christmas Eve
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Frank Sinatra & Cyndi
Lauper

Christmas Cheer
You're gonna be Santa - Paulie - (The Sopranos)

Christmas Day
Christmas Is - Run D.M.C.

New Year's Eve
What Are You Doing New Years Eve - Harry Connick, jr.

I'm bummed that easy had to kill his fine blog (and more bummed that the news slipped under the wire during this holiday madness) - he'll be missed.

I need to come clean on a couple of things regarding this month’s mixmania! and how I manipulated my own match for this mix. It was purely selfish, I concede, and beyond the pall but hey, it’s been my party up to this point and I decided I needed to give myself a little Christmas present for hosting this little soiree.

I have been following Melina’s blog for some time now and have adored her taste in music, figured we had a lot in common, music-wise. Previous mixmania! rounds had been split up with the help of Lu but that was impossible this time do to her time-constraints and, um, obvious other issues (I assure you, all amicable). So this time I did all the mixing-and-matching by myself and figured, hey, I might as well treat myself to some mutual satisfaction. No, not in that way you pre-verts (in the words of the inimitable Col. Bat Guano), although Melina is certainly very easy on the eyes. RRRRrrrrowrrrrr. Hell, she’s a fricken’ Goddess, gorgeous; but I digress - down boy, down - I digress, regress, de-evolve and I need to be spanked. Please, I really do need to be spanked. I'm a baaaaaad boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Easy and I got each other as Mixmania matches? I knew that he'd shut his blog down, but this explains why I didn't find the mix that I received at anyone else's blog.

Do you know if he received the discs that I sent to him?

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I'm thinking that maybe the person who had my name must have forgotten me. . . .

Oh, and hon: what Anne said. I'd volunteer in a minute but then you'd be spoiled for the rest of your life. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Thanks for the glowing shout-out!

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

melody