Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Tuesday Odds and Odders

Listening to: The Who, Quadrophenia

In order to have next Monday (Memorial Day) off, my Level II DUI Education group agreed to extend sessions, effectively cramming three sessions into two. Brutal. The state requires that I keep run sessions "reasonably close" to three hours which means the make-up sessions run "reasonably close" to four and a half hours.

That's a long way to say why my kids were up so late last night. Although everyone slept on the half-hour drive from my mom's place to home (with the exception of the driver, thankfully), we didn't get back here until quarter to eleven. That made it a late morning. Zeke, who's usually up just past first light, slept almost until nine. Everyone greeted the day with a langorous indifference. A little mental vacation.

Wee ones danced around the breakfast table while dad drank coffee and surfed his usual sites. Half-empty bowls of cereal were strained and dumped (living without benefit of garbage disposal and dishwasher has no advantages). A standard morning at the McQuiggin household, just later than usual.

Off to the park with us. I can tell summer is going to be a light posting season.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah- but better it be more of a happy family season.

Anonymous said...

well- it showed up unknown because I'm not myself today; I'm some mutation of Mary Poppins and Mommy Dearest. That's what college orientation for parents does to a person. but it was me.

SeeingDouble said...

Moobs. I demand moobs. Please and thank you.

Anonymous said...

you need a laptop with wireless card and then find a park that has wireless connection... you can post live from the playground!

love the image of the little ones dancing around coffee-drinking dad.

Glitzy said...

enjoy your outdoors time!