Friday, July 01, 2005

Nino the Mindboggler Tells You Where To Go on Your Fourth of July Weekend

Listening to: Built to Spill, Ancient Melodies of the Future

As I suspected, no one jumped in when I threatened to indulge in time-killing and space-wasting themes. My previous post stated that today,
Friday's I'll answer the various questions that you, dear reader, have emailed me or left in comments. We'll call that "Nino the Mindboggler answers your questions or pontificates on things he knows nothing about" in the likely event that no one has asked me a question.

Which leads me to either spouting off for no other reason than to fulfill today's obligation - ask myself questions.

What should I do with three gross of bottle rockets and a half gross of double bottle rockets?


I'm gunnin' for drunk hippies. My deck is about 20 yards from Manitou Avenue, like the lip of a battlement. Hell. the front door of a bar is a dead shot from about 100 yards, just about right for when the little buggers explode. Them and the idiot whose car alarm goes off every time a bird shits on it. He's also getting a firecracker up his ass and with Fourth of July weekend in this town, he'll be hopping in and out of his front door every five minutes so I'm bound to catch him in my sites.

And oh yes, a cop car. It isn't the Fourth of July until you've sent a bottle rocket screaming at a police cruiser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you are gonna be outta your mind as you are going to QUIT SMOKING this weekend but don't you dare use that as an excuse to get yourself arrested!

Damn. I missed my window for asking a question. I'll go ahead and ask for next Friday:

Who is the author of the following quote?

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs,
Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes,
Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears.
What is it else? A madness most discreet,
A choking gall and a preserving sweet. --??