Monday, July 18, 2005

The second paean to Mamacita in as many weeks

Listening to: Some massively awesome mix sent to me by Mamacita for the troops but I've claimed first dibs on listening, et tu?

In her latest post, Mamacita claims she writes bad poetry. I claim the same for myself, but I don't think her poetry is bad at all. In fact, I think her poetry rocks. Take that as you will as I write wretched poetry - but more on that later.

A couple of weeks ago, Vicki bowed to Mamacita in the same way I have for, well, as long as I've known her.

I came home from a glorious weekend with TOOMA to discover a box, Mamacita the sender. About 100 CD's, love in every one of em', unconditional love, the only real kind of love, the "I'll bet they'll like this!" kind of love that does it just because there's a satisfaction in the notion of creating smiles and opening minds and no afterthought, no reason for it: the deed is done.

This was a very long day. Having torn myself away from TOOMA's world and having to rush back into my own (sans kids, thank you), Mamacita's package was a talisman back to whence I came, a reminder that true hearts have no limits and that love is wherever it is expressed.

Just keep nurturing it, she says, in her emails and her blog posts and her deeds, and it never dies, it just keeps growing. Indeed it does. I just took a ride to Edwardsville and it feels as if the span of eastern Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Illinois is verdant, that wherever my love and I were at any given moment, love took root and grew.

So it was like walking in and discovering a little potted Aloe, Mamacita's package. It was like, welcome home again, even though you're heart's still there, it resides here, too. Hearts can be that big.

Yes they can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How lucky are we to have our sweet Mamacita(xoxo) to show the rest of us how it's done?

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I'm at school so can't stay long or say much, but I had to say thank you, sweet Jim. "Thank you" isn't good enough for you, or nearly enough, but for the moment, just, 'thank you.' And thank you again.

amarkonmywall said...

Mamacita is one of those people you can ALWAYS count on to deliver: quality writing, inspired insight, humor, curiosities and mostly, care and concern for those around her. How wonderful is this package of CDs? But Ji, you can't make the troops wait while you listen to each and every one...get those in the mail! The 322d is waiting!