Thursday, March 01, 2007

Three little birds

Cover letters, resumes, kneeling and scraping, kissing a big brown star, trying to find something better for my family and me; my day off was spent pleading for a better wage and benefits.

Dont worry about a thing,
cause every little thing gonna be all right.


My oldest brought me a note, long after she was supposed to be in bed: "I love my dady he's sweet, kind, 100% most want dad, and my favorite dady."

Rise up this mornin,
Smiled with the risin sun,


My youngest will be up far too early, asking for cereal and "Thomas", bugging his sisters and smiling, embracing the new day with an energy far beyond what his little body is capable of creating. He needs to be the focus of some physical and physiological study.

Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep


My middle one turns six in a week or so; she has been coming to terms with her own special place in our family and is learning to bask in that light. She is my diva, spinning around madly to Mozart in a tutu, leaping into the air to grasp the leg of a star and tie it down, make it hers, ride it to it's zenith.

Singin sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin, (this is my message to you-ou-ou :-)

3 comments:

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

Someone is walking on stars.

~d said...

Your devotion and love for your children comes through in your words so strong! I wish I could put into word what my children mean to me. Perhaps I shall try. Nice placement of Bob in there too. I never (correlated) his words to my kids. It is a great fit.

trusty getto said...

I relate to that post more than you will ever know, Jim.