Wednesday, March 07, 2007

My mix posted - at last

Not posting gladly, I tell ya' but it has to be done, I suppose. Actually, it should have done four days ago but sometimes a fuller life pulls me away from this.

So I'm waiting here, carless, wondering when the shop where my ride resides will call and deliver the final damage (financially). When I left yesterday (in the passenger seat of fellow Manitoid's good graces), the tab had come somewhere around the neighborhood of $900 for a cracked fluid reservoir and bad brake lines. A Monday evening steaming in rush hour traffic had led me there and I'm leaving much, much poorer. However, at least I can drive the damn thing around to look for a better job than the bullshit job-between-jobs I'm working now.

I spent seven hours hanging out at that shop, yesterday. Staring at the building next door, a kidney dialysis center, something to cause me to pause and think, "Yes, things could be worse."

In the midst of that, X called to inform me she had just come from the allergist and the prognosis for Zeke is that he probably has asthma. The doc is putting him on children’s singulaire to see if his sniffles and cough clears up after a month or so, just in case.

So if you think your issue of not getting my bullshit little list is a big damn deal, be glad your day didn't go like my yesterday.

Wagner - Tristan und Isolde (Overture)
Master Musicians of Jajoukacians - Searching for Passion
Liz Phair - Flower
Yo La Tengo - Center of Gravity
The Replacements - I Will Dare
Oasis - Let There Be Love
T. Rex - Ballrooms of Mars
The Cars - Let the Good Times Roll
Badly Drawn Boy - One Plus One
Sufjan Stevens - Seven Swans
Doves - Sea Song
Primal Scream - Movin' on Up
Rod Stewart & Faces - Every Picture Tells a Story
Solomon Burke - Home in Your Heart
The Moonie Suzuki - Singin' a Song About Today
The Dirtbombs - Chains of Love
Thee Headcoatees - Billy B. Childish
Beck - Where It's At

Yes, I half-assed that. It's a mystery anyone enjoyed it.

Another mixmania! to be announced when I'm in a much better mood.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. It HAS to get better, doesn't it??

MizMell said...

My baby girl (now 21!) was diagnosed with asthma when she was all of about 3 or 4. Good news is, she outgrew it!

This too, shall pass...

~d said...

I cannot spell it out like a broke car, or a sick child, but I have been pretty 'off' myself. Must be some kind of weird planet moon alignment. (Haha!) *actually, I heard a rumor Daylight Savings time is like this weekend! WTF: spring forward BEFORE Spring?!
Here's hoping things get better...SOON!
IATFYB
Sm♥♥ch!
~d

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I'm sorry the kids are not feeling well, and I'm sorry you're feeling down, too. I was hoping it was just me. I'm also hoping that certain other elements in your life right now might make you feel a bit better about the negative things. Or, at least, take your mind off them. Chin up, dear Jim. This, too, shall pass.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to check in and see how you were doing. I hope things improve and that like all things time heals...

On a lighter note, cool song list. The Replacements-nice, Beck-Crucial, lots of good stuff here, Ya La Tengo also great. Haven't listened to the Cars in someime but always been a fan. I was just called out by another co-blogger to write such a list. Stop by if you have sec one day. Take care man.