So why would I want to make "Hot" the theme of a mixmania! that is going to greet an interminable August? Depends on how you look at "hot", it might be just the diversion we need to escape from damnable heat. Mix a CD of music that will make you so hot that you'll ravish the first poor victim who comes up on your horny ass. Maybe it's a mix about someone else being hot. Innocently enough, it could be about staying cool in the heat, in the heat of the moment, the heat of the season, or the heat of being in the presence of someone who makes you wet (perspiring or, um, otherwise).
However you wish to spin it - the theme is "hot".
A little of this to inspire me:
If you're unfamiliar with how this goes, here's how we play: you mix, you mail, you get a disk, everyone surfs around to figure out who sent them the disk. That's over-simplified but that's the gist. The official rules are:
- You have until Independence Day to sign up; express your intentions in the comments AND email me your information (your URL and postal address - that includes you folks who have played before). You have to do BOTH - just commenting or just emailing me won't do it. I need you in the comments to let everyone know you're in and mixing, I need you to email me so I don't have to hunt down your info. My email is over on the left; if you can't find it, you're not smart enough to play - sorry.
- On July 10th, I'll email you the postal address of the person you're to send your mix to; you'll use a postal address I provide to mask your identity.
- On July 15th, mail your disk WITHOUT THE SONG LIST: leave your recipient guessing what the songs are on your mix.
- On July 31st, I'll post the URLs of everyone participating.
- Post your song list on your blog on the August 1st.
- If you're going to comment on the mix you received, don't be a prick - focus on the fact that someone went to the trouble to send you a mix, be polite with your thanks and don't try to impress us with how much of an insufferable music snob you think you are. Play nice - no one likes an inconsiderate asshole, asshole, and no one cares how your delicate tastes were violated. Be gracious, for God's sake, and give us the impression that you weren't raised by feral dogs.
- For those of you who don't have a blog but would still like to play,
you may still participate; I or one of my friends will post your list (any volunteer bloggers for hosting lists? Help me out!).
Easy as that sounds, it's amazing that a few numbskulls can't be adults and will slink out with free music with no reciprocity. Sad. However, I assure everyone who plays that they will get a disk.
So grab a cold one and get thinking about what music is "hot" to you... have fun!!!