Friday, October 21, 2005

Mixmania! clarification for those intimidated by the process

Listening to: Disk I of the two disks I'm mixing

If you're thinking of signing up, GO HERE and read the rules.

Things are looking a little pathetic participant-wise considering past mixmania! extravaganzas and I don't know the reason. All I'm asking is for you to give me your favorite holiday music on a disk, something you'd pop in at a holiday party at home or work, it's that simple. I don't see why it's so intimidating.

Folks, I have some awesome disks ready to go. You'll play the first disk while the egg nog goes around (heavy on the rum, yeah) and then play the second disk while everyone's shitfaced. Not even Halloween but I'm ready to get this going.

Speaking of Halloween, here's a disk I mixed a few years back:

  1. Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells
    Sets the mood. If you haven't seen the movie before Halloween, SEE IT.

  2. Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels - Devil With the Blue Dress/Good Golly Miss Molly
    If People aren't dancing to this at your party, they're dead, I assure you. You don't want dead people at your party.

  3. Rocky Horror - The Time Warp
    Every Halloween mix has this song on it for a reason. If you don't know the reason, you have no reason holding a Halloween party.

  4. The Clovers - Love Potion #9
    Do you have a Love Potion #9 mixed up at you party? No?!? Why are you having a party?

  5. Sheb Wooley - Purple People Eater
    Silly, simply silly. And redundant.

  6. Classics IV - Spooky
    Do we have your attention yet? Have FUN!!!

  7. Michael Jackson - Thriller
    If I have to explain this one, you really are clueless

  8. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Nightmare On My Street
    Before he went on to movies, Will Smith made disposable rap. This is an example but it fits the season.

  9. Redbone - The Witch Queen of New Orleans
    Man, they sound black but they're actually native american. Scary.

  10. The Buoys - Timothy
    My actual, single 'guilty pleasure' on this mix (OK, count the last cut), a tune about guys trapped in a mine and who resort to cannibalism. YUM!!!

  11. Crazy World of Arthur Brown - Fire
    I don't know why this guy wasn't bigger considering Alice Cooper stole all his chops. Must have been because Alice had Zappa and Lou Reed behind him and Arthur Lee had was a heroin addiction.

  12. Black Sabbath - Iron Man
    Yeah, so what, by this time everyone has had a few beers in them and you know what? They're singing along so shut up.

  13. Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla
    The giant, irradiated and dangerous prick known as Norbizness would sway you away from this song (he really is a giant penis knocking down buildings - BEWARE!) and this group but I think they rock. If anyone disagrees, offer them drambui and vicodin.

  14. Van Halen - Runnin' With the Devil
    From their first, best album and if anyone at your party whines, toss them.

  15. Ramones - Gimmee Gimmee Shock Treatment
    Good thing you got rid of the asshats who pissed and moaned about the last song because, really, that's what they needed.

  16. The Cramps - Goo-Goo Muck
    God, I *LOVE* this song and God, why do all Cramps cuts sound like they were recorded under water?

  17. KMFDM - Go To Hell
    Yeah?!? Ok.

  18. Ministry - Everyday Is Halloween
    OK


Give me your mixes or STFU, children of the corn...

1 comment:

Natsthename said...

That is one awesome playlist.

You know, when I hear Tubular Bells, it always give me the creeps!