If you’re wondering where this post is going, consider that my brain is frozen, a gray slushie shifting it’s way through a fat, long straw (for those of you into that kind of imagery), inevitably drawn to the suck. So, to fight the suck, I offer this:
There’s a word for word that is what it is, if you know what I mean. I mean, I’ve read about this word somewhere before but it’s killing me that I can’t remember what the word is. Anyway, it’s a word for words themselves (e.g. ‘palindrome’ being a word that can be spelled backwards as well as forwards) and means that those words are just what they are – if you know what I mean. When I gave ‘phlegm’ as an example to Mamacita, she pointed out that it was onomatopoeic but I mean it’s more than that – the word is just what it describes. ‘Ineffable’ is another example. ‘Melee’ and on and on… so what is that word? That word that describes a word that… grrrrrr. I’ll send a copy of my NYEUKAM disks (and a bonus) for the first person who can tell me what that word is.
~d asked me to do three things with the letter D
- daddy - Trumps everything - EVERYTHING - everywhere, all the time, there is no contingency, there is no second thought, it's just how it is and I'd have it no other way, ever.
- dooooood - A stoned person's reaction to #1 or my reaction to microwave burritos, right now.
- delicious - Microwave burritos aren't delicious. The moment they're scarfed is delicious.
- drunk - See above. Drink responsibly. Don't scarf and barf.
- deleterious - Self-referential humor is deleterious to the continued comedic value. Don't do it. Drink responsibly. And drive real slow.
- dylan - ...while listening to Bob Dylan.
- dork - The reason you're here, to see what I do given a lack of money, some time, and too much testicle (also, see ‘dweeb’).
- dick – A big one, usually stuck in places I regret later on, I am.
- dirt - I am not (I have to remind myself every morning in the mirror) but stuff I love to roll around in, bike in, hike in, psyche in, and with sufficient strong back, tyke in (god, i can't wait until Zeke is past this "I'm too tired to walk, carry me" phase!). I moved to Manitou Springs because I can go five minutes out my door and be on my way into oblivion and dirt - and everthing that grows from that.
- death - Oh, death, won't you spare me over til another year? Guess I could scramble around for a few hundred years like Smegal but I'd rather dump the ring and let what's supposed to happen, happen. I'm not betting on a damn thing happening after this so, if seeing them that matter at the end is all I get, I got everything. Even skepticism and in this weather I'm prepared to accept anything; "With ice cold hands taking hold of me, Well I am death none can excel, I'll open the door to heaven or hell."
New mixmania! fiasco announced tomorrow because, hey, I have access to the future. I got that gift after mixing a box of Lucky Charms, whiskey, and a quarter ounce of peyote.
That and I want Jim Weida to get googled.