Monday, July 02, 2007

No cure for the summertime blues

This has been a long time between posts and I wonder if there’s really any reason to post. Over the past few weeks, I’ve wondered if I should continue this – I’ve felt like I have nothing to say, that there’s no real reason for this blog. It’s not that I’m miserable or anything, Quite the contrary, I am happier than I have been in years, perhaps ever. The job I have now (although not in my field) pays very well, is employee-focused, and doesn’t send me home limp and emotionally shattered. I’ve been dating someone who meets and exceeds every quality I’d associate with the concept of “soulmate” (it doesn’t hurt that I also find her stunning, a goddess). So much of this blog has shown me whining about how dismal my life has been and I was all too ready to spill that out here on your screens. Now that things are one big ice-cream sundae, I have been tight-lipped, as it were.



Part of that is superstition. Funny how an atheist like myself will give credence to silly beliefs but honestly, I am afraid that I write about the good things, I’ll somehow jinx that by merely making it real here in the blogosphere. Maybe that’s from a deeper belief that what’s good in my life is merely a dream and that by writing about it will shatter the illusion but I’m circumspect about going into detail about those aspects of my life.



I’m also trying to write a novel and that seems to be drawing energy off of what I’d normally expend here at this little dive. As notes and sketches come together, I’ll give the three or four of you who read me a little preview.



And finally – is there a mixmania! Going on? I have to check my archives, I’m pretty sure we had a cool theme this time but I’ve spaced stuff out here (for reasons I mentioned above).



Hey, it’s summer – too nice to be inside on the web or composing blog posts. Enjoy the weather.

4 comments:

Strongbow said...

Congrats on the lurvliness of summer and love :-) It's so good to see you all bright and shimmery.

Chickie Carmarthen said...

I don't think you need to post all the time to keep a blog going by any means - that's what services like Bloglines are for - so we can see when you update and check in on you & your brood. I'm happy that you're happy. :)

Anonymous said...

I've been reading you here for about 2 years now, and I've got to say...you find goddesses everywhere, it seems. Congrats on the finding of a soulmate, lucky man.

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

. . . but when you DO post, dear Jim, it's well worth the wait.