Monday, June 04, 2007

Milestones and millstones



At the end of the summer, Zeke starts kindergarten.

Damn, when I started this, he was still making massive messes in diapers (which I avoided mentioning, thankyouverymuch) and now we're here, with him starting school. What a long, strange trip it's been.

I don't have much to say, really - finishing my parent's yard (I swear, pics in July), working loads of OT - my life is going swimmingly. As I told the binary star in my newly sweet system, I think I've swept all the karmic junk into the gutter, the past is dribbling into the sewer hole where the kids catch air on their skateboards.

To KC - the birds are at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. To everyone else - enjoy your summer, I know I will. Peace.

5 comments:

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

What a handsome young man! I think I've seen that smile before. . . .

The wishes you are making on that binary star are coming true, and I'm so glad for you.

So blazingly glad!

MizMell said...

Idle hands... well you know the rest.

Welcome back.

landismom said...

Congrats! What a cutie.

Dad Stuff said...

Congratulations. Looks like his hat stayed on better than my daughter's.
Good luck in kindergarten.

Anonymous said...

i remember when i started kindegarten, it was september 8th 1990. i wasn't scared at all but my dad was a mess. he followed behind the bus in his car all the way to school and then waited in the parking lot all day for me to finish.