Friday, November 16, 2007

Some time later...

Tough week....

X and I went to court Thursday for what we thought was the final step in our divorce. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to us, the state of Colorado's benefit-the-attorneys divorce system stated that we need to have an additional hearing AFTER our mandatory 90-day waiting period is up. Which means, yes, MBS and I have to postpone the wedding. Though I should have been a little more thorough in my investigation of Colorado divorce law, it just sucks that this state makes people jump through hoops in order to end a marriage. I shudder to think what the victim of abuse has to go through...

So, stay by me (and this blog) for updates.

In the meantime, we're going to Disneyland! :-D

7 comments:

landismom said...

Wow, that's pretty sucky!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, you.

MizMell said...

Sorry to hear about the delay, but remember, everything happens for a reason. (And just where is that wedding website you had mentioned anyway?)
Enjoy Disneyland!

Anonymous said...

Oh, dude, I'm so sorry. What a pain in the ass.
Just keep me up to date on changes...I'm going to be there, just let me know.

And you better post about Disneyland! It's been years since I've been...I want to re-live it vicariously through you guys :-)

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I've never been to Disneyland, so there's another thing I will experience vicariously through you.

Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Closure? What closure?

That sucks.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but seriously, you can't be LIVING at Disneyland? So where are you? And HOW are you? I need a holiday visual of you so please write or describe currant view. In the meantime- much love to you, Jim. And may this week and the whole new year bring peace and calm and love and light- wait! that's what we say at the end of yoga class...Anyway, know that I am thinking of you and wishing you every happiness. xoxoxo,V

Anonymous said...

Hey

My name is Scott Lancaster from www.diyfather.com we are a global online interactive forum for fathers based in New Zealand.

I was hoping that you might be interested in sharing content, we would link back to your site with your name on our site.

Also would you be interested in doing a podcast interview via telephone?

Let me know if this is possible I look forward to hearing from you

My return email is scott@diyfather.com

Regards Scott