Tuesday, October 16, 2007

With one small rock in place, we are a step closer to a new adventure


So yeah, I was fooling around with this woman's finger last Friday night...


Since nobody noticed that I failed to post a Random Friday thingy (in fact, no has has seemed to notice that I haven't posted anything at all in the past week and a half), I'll just kind of skip over the not posting part and pretend I'm my usual chatty self. Or not.

I've had bigger fish to fry (and more on that in a bit) than updating here. MBS arrived with her sparkling trio of daughters on Friday for a big weekend in my neck of the woods. My mother graciously hosted a slumber party with combined broods while MBS and I stepped out for dinner at one of Manitou Springs' nicer restaurants for an evening of romance and big deals. See, although MBS and I had pretty much decided that we would be married January 5, 2008 and agreed that together forever was where our hearts resided, I hadn't gotten around to "the official asking" task. So it was a dinner with a mission.

We chose the "Old World" appetizer and the Seafood entree' platter, electing to go with their 3-wine matches for the various courses (with my nerves a little frazzled, I had to opt for another glass). Everything was superb, delicious although the quality of the food, wine, or service was a distant third to what was truly on my mind: the marvelous company I had for dinner (my best friend ever, my soulmate, the most beautiful woman in the world) and of course, the task at hand (pun indeed intended, mea culpa).

Right before the chocolate fondue and the tawny port, I palmed the ring, got up from my seat and moved to MBS, reeling with anxiety. Yeah, I knew she'd say "yes" but still, it was a huge deal, a lifetime-defining moment. Before her, I knelt on one knee and took her hand in mine and said, "Um... I have the wrong hand, don't I?"

MBS giggled, I think she thought my nervousness was kind of cute, and offered me the correct hand. Slipping the ring on her finger, I asked if she would do me the honor of being my wife and live with me forever. I hope it goes without saying that she responded positively especially considering the post from a weeks back.

I'm in Pagosa Springs now, having followed MBS and her fabulous girls home after the elation of that evening out. I want to thank everyone for their suggestions on the color scheme for our wedding website (I'll post the URL as soon as I get it done), we decided to go with white, red, and black (something to do with Celtic tradition). In the flurry that is moving a family and planning a wedding, I hope I can find time to post here every few days or so but I think you all will understand if I don't get it done.Anyway, I don't have Photoshop here to clean up the two dark pics our waitress took with my phone at the end of our dinner...

You'll have to help me decide which pic is better.

However, I think you all can decide that she is, in fact, the most beautiful woman in the world.

8 comments:

landismom said...

Look how adorable you are! Nice ring, too.

trusty getto said...

I'm so happy for you, dude!

I am jealous, though. You didn't take me to Mona Lisa Fondue when I visited . . . .

Puck said...

Cam, ya' gotta' admit that you're not nearly as HOT as MBS and so you got Adam's Mountain Cafe and the Mariner instead (and thankee for the company and the treats!) of the Mona Lisa, bro... I suspect you're heart's not broken.

Yes, you'll have to meet all of us when you come to Colorado again. We're about a 4 1/2 hour drive south and west of the Springs but it's well worth the drive!

Stella Dean said...

I haven't been here in a while so this surprised me! Congrats to both of you!

MizMell said...

Impressive rock!

And you two look like you're in heaven in the pics. See? Good things come to those who wait...

Anonymous said...

She is indeed the most beautiful woman in the world, so both pics of her are equally good. Therefore, I suggest you go with the pic that has you smiling in it.

Anonymous said...

Very nice rock indeed! I like the first picture, when you're *both* smiling and happy. Congratulations again - and enjoy Pagosa Springs. That's the one part of the state we've never been.

Anonymous said...

I'm rather partial to your MBS myself (though in a rather different way), but I think you both are stunning in both of the pictures. Your happiness and love simply radiates outward!

I couldn't be happier for you two, and I'd like to officially offer my whole-hearted approval of my bestest friend's choice for her life partner.

Much love to you both.