Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday random yadda yadda

There's a ga-jillion reasons I'm looking forward to moving to Pagosa Springs but I must confess that a small guilty pleasure is the existance of a dishwasher. As I type this, a sink full of dirty dishes moans my name like some dope-fiend distant relation and I'm doing all I can to ignore the imprecations of the stack teetering at sinks edge. We wash by hand here in Manitou Springs, a hard scrabble life. This second glass of Shiraz is helping me tune out the din of dishes tired of posing as seventh-grade biology projects.

The midget mafia is in the other room, squeeling like nitrous fiends, batting an inflatable skeleton around (that they've named, for no good reason, "Bobby"), pretending the puffy bit of kitsch possesses some potential for terror. The mafia browbeat me into putting up Halloween decorations with a threat somewhere between "we'll put them up ourselves" and "pity if something should happen to your fingers sometime during the night". So, there's glowing plastic pumpkins in the windows and orange icicle lights hanging from the eaves although I'm not certain what orange-colored faux icicles have to do with Halloween. When the Boss tells you what you gotta do, you don't ask which windows get the goofy bat stick-ons.

It's not bad enough that I'm getting my balls busted by festivity infested firkins and fuzzy flatware but I also need to get a wedding web site together, whatever colors we need eludes me at the moment. Once upon a time, before the Dot Bomb, I worked as a web designer and was damn good at it. And I guess I could do that but I'm still wondering if I do this well in the least, this with 'the blogging'. All that's out there - what color does that get? These aren't questions that should be asked when one's balls are smashed, but here they are, nonetheless.

What colors would you go with?

I'm not too proud, see.

When other bloggers talk about their random 10 or whatever, they're talking about their iPod shuffle. Hey, if you're going to sit there watching Murder, She Wrote, you need to know how this all goes down.

I'm too poor to own an iPod. Nothing's random but this, here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Green and black.

MizMell said...

I love my dishwasher, so I understand. JB thinks its a holding tank for clean or dirty dishes. It may well be, but it keeps the dirty dishes from calling my name...

First wedding, I had (wedgewood) blue and white. Second, I had the same. What can I say? I like the stark contrast. This last time, I had NO colors and NO formal wedding(we got married in jeans)... and it's working out just fine.
You do what works...

landismom said...

I realize that I was no help at all about this last night, so I came back to try to be more helpful. How about a nice periwinkle?

Anonymous said...

Well, my dear, Lithie is the wedding expert. I will steer her your way when she has a free moment. Seriously, she is an expert. IF I ever remarry, she is in charge of wedding shit.

Of course, IF I marry again, I'm going to Vegas and having a midget Elvis officiate. There's gotta be one SOMEWHERE in Vegas, right?

I'm so happy for you! You sound truly happy for the first time since I've known you.

*hugs* And I moved again. When you decide to bring back the mixmania, my address changed again. lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. Congratulations! It's been a while, so I can't really remember what my colors were. I think I wore something...white-ish. Having said that, if I had it to do over again, I think it would be a reddish purple and black - and not to piss anybody off either, just my preferences.

Hey, until last winter I didn't have an iPod - just the jukebox software that came with the computer. I've been playing the Random 10 game for a long, long time...

Puck said...

Mixmania! isn't dead just dormant till I get past the very busy part of my life. Please be patient!