Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sad t'day, Sumday, never on Mumday so a meme suffices

With this new job, Saturdays are the saddest day of the week. Because of the hours (i head up The Pass at 2 to be at work by 2:30), I leave my little ones with either X or my parents - depending on the week - then don't see them again until Thursday. If anything will cause me to quit this job (aside from an offer of much better money), it will be that it has taken my time away from the kids. Since my shift ends at 10:30 at night, picking the kids up from my parent's is out of the question and so the kidlets end up spending the night on Wednesday and every other Saturday, my 3 or 4 days reduced to 2 days.

I had all three in the tub yesterday morning as we prepared to get them to their mom. There's no fight to get them into the bath, it's like dessert-time for them. The buckets of toys come out and the towel I keep under the sink goes down on the floor to soak up each splash of exuberance, just as I sit in the next room looking in at them, soaking in every second of them before I again have to let them go.

Maybe more later but not now. I need to get ready for work. Read the rest if you want, a meme I picked up from the mysterious and uber-sweet Sarah of Got Cow? (who has linked me from here to the last Sunday in time) and has unintentionally given me something quick to post before I head back up The Pass.

  1. My roommate and I once: set fire to some t-shirts in a microwave as we tried to expedite a tie-dye process.
  2. Never in my life have I: voted Republican (have voted Green, LIbertarian, and Independent, though).
  3. The one person who can drive me nuts, but then can always manage to make me smile is: my mom.
  4. High school was: OK but I was a drama jock and mostly had older friends through the local Community Theatre scene.
  5. When I'm nervous: wish I had a Valium.
  6. The last time I cried was: a few weeks ago (look in the archives for a post in proximity to that time line to see what I'm talking about).
  7. If I were to get married right now, my bridesmaids/groomsmen would be: local artists and musicians.
  8. Would you rather run naked through a crowded place or have someone e-mail your deepest secret to all your friends? Naked. I have no problem being naked around people (I let Sarah answer this one for me, didn't change a word :-D ).
  9. My hair: is brown.
  10. When I was 5: I was really into James Bond. I wanted to be James Bond and even thought about changing my last name.
  11. Last Christmas: my kids got everything I wanted - which is just what I wanted.
  12. When I turn my head left: I see reference books for writing/blogging.
  13. I should be: getting ready for work.
  14. When I look down I see: my boxers.
  15. The craziest recent event was: a spontaneous "after-party" (see the Boonie blog for a bit on that).
  16. If I were a character on "Friends" I'd be: I have NO CLUE.
  17. By this time next year: I'll be wondering when I'll get around to finishing my novel.
  18. My favorite aunt is: Aunt Carol.
  19. I have a hard time understanding: why NASCAR is so huge - and I grew up going to Saturday night stock car races.
  20. One time at a family gathering: my left-wing politics pissed everyone off.
  21. You know I like you if: I don't make an excuse to gitgoin' if you suddenly call or show up at my door.
  22. If I won an award, the first person (people) I'd thank: my blog readers.
  23. Take my advice: Don't smoke pot if you're really drunk.
  24. My ideal breakfast is: Steak and Eggs.
  25. If you visit my home town: You'll think you stepped back in time to the 60s.
  26. Sometime soon I plan to visit: Grace said she's shang-hai'ing me for next year's BlogHer so Chicago
  27. If you spend the night at my house: help yourself to anything.
  28. I'd stop my wedding if: someone was having a heart attack.
  29. The world could do without: George W. Bush.
  30. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: work in sales.
  31. The most recent thing I've bought myself is: coffee.
  32. The most recent thing someone else bought for me is: a book (I love you Mamacita!).
  33. My favorite blonde is: Kirsten Dunst.
  34. My favorite brunette is: Catherine Zeta-Jones.
  35. My car must have a sign on it that reads: "Celebrate Diversity".
  36. The last time I was drunk: at the previously mentioned "after-party".
  37. The animals I would like to see flying besides birds: pigs - so much would come true then, wouldn't it?.
  38. I shouldn't have been: willing to bartend after I graduated college; I'd have a PhD by now.
  39. Have you ever shaved your pubic hair? Yes.
  40. Last night I: worked.
  41. There's this girl I know who: probably thinks I'm cool.
  42. I don't know: why people turn a God concept into an excuse to hate.
  43. A better name for me would be: Slim.
  44. If I ever go back to school I'll: probably pursue Clinical Psychology instead of Cognitive Science.
  45. How many days until my birthday?: 180 days (figured that out HERE).
  46. One dead celebrity I wish I'd met is: Jimi Hendrix.
  47. I've lived at my current address since: January 2004.
  48. I've been told I look like: Christopher Walken.
  49. If I could have any car, it would be: one of those sporty Audis.
  50. If I got a new cat tomorrow, I would name it: "Lucky" because it would be lucky to live here and have the wee ones jumping for joy over it.


Off to work, dammit.

6 comments:

Sarie said...

hahaha we'll both be naked in public. hahahaha

Steal away, my friend.

landismom said...

Hope you have a good day! Sounds like a difficult deal, kid-wise. The one good thing that happened with my dh losing his job recently, is that he's not working every Sunday now.

Shannon akaMonty said...

On number 33 I crossed out Kirsten Dunst and wrote in AKA MONTY.

You can't see it because I did it on my computer screen, but still.

:)

Natsthename said...

That was fun to read, Jim!

But watch out for the Audis. We have one...the repair costs are killer! (And you need to mortgage the amount for an oil change!)

Carrie said...

Christopher Walken? He scares the hell out of me. I'm off to do mine now.

Puck said...

Well Carrie, I'm a scary dude! I'm looking forward to reading yours when I get home from work tonight!

Nat, I also drive an Audi and yes, they're hella expensive to fix but oh, such a joy to drive!