Tuesday, February 22, 2005

While You're Reading This, I'm Reading That or Whatever

Listening to: Love, Forever Changes

Posting light, I know. My mood has been pensive and book-ish, surrendering to my late-February craving for the written word.

Reading has always been, for me, as necessary as breathing. I'll read the back of a soup can if there's nothing else available. Why this time of the year further whets my appetite is a mystery to me although I tend to think it has something to do with the climate. At six-foot-one and 145 pounds soaking wet, I should probably be packing on the carbs instead of the pages but that's the hand I was dealt. The weather outside is frightful and my hunger's beyond a bite full...

Should a likewise book-loving, wine-sipping, neck-nuzzling partner appear to accompany me through these winter nights, the sub-title to this blog would change.

3 comments:

Cinnabar1 said...

Ya juuuuust can't stop with the tempting scenarios, can you? (sigh)

Anonymous said...

oh yea i would love to be that... likewise book-loving, wine-sipping, neck-nuzzling partner appear to accompany me through these winter nights, so the sub-title to this blog would change.

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only broed one reading soup cans! Your post reminds me of my faorite quote by Erasmus: "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." Carla at moxiebabyshower.com