Saturday, July 16, 2005

Greetings from parts east from where I usually post, where TOOMA resides

Listening to: Thievery Corporation, Mirror Conspiracy

Links for the mixmania! participant's blogs can be found *HERE* (as well as links for the slackers who have STILL not posted their song lists) so you can find out who mixed your gem - or harass one of the guilty if you still don't have your disk.

After 13 hours on the road, I'm finally east of the Mississippi, on TOOMA's home turf, seeking slumber after some... well, there's no need to spill all the beans. If you're completely clueless about what I'm talking about, start ---> HERE
and get caught up.

I'll be here for a few days so, go, read, enjoy. I'm not going anywhere. While there, you'll see how incredibly blessed I am, getting far more than I deserve. Indeed, I'm here because TOOMA drove to Colorado to drag my puny bag of bones back here and if that's not love, you're not thinking. She's been on the road 26 hours out of the last 43, an incredible sacrifice by any stretch. Considering that a bulk of that drive included crossing Kansas TWICE, you'll have to agree that I'm one lucky dude.

Karma's a funny thing and I feel like I picked the right numbers, the Powerball and the Powerplay; jackpot, my friends.

Truthfully, I enjoyed the drive. The company was exquisite (natch) and the landscape along I-70 was actually pretty interesting. Only a small fraction of the drive is flat; for the most part, it's rolling hills, dust devils doing their whirling dervish dance in the distance, the ghosts of the Cheyenne riding through dry creek beds.

I'll post more, later. TOOMA is out of the bath and obviously I have better things to do than to chat you all up here.

If you're looking for something more to read, go HERE for my "Blogging for Books" entry. A lot of entries this month (and I'll admit I haven't had time to read them all) and I doubt I'll make the cut. But I'd appreciate some feedback.

If you don't see comments from me on your blog, it's because I don't feel like changing TOOMA's pre-sets (I don't know why: she always does it from my computer, leaving me to leave comments as "Lu") and I get yelled at when I comment using her name. And I don't like getting yelled at.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Your giddy excitement is contagious!

Mamacita said...

:)

vicki said...

Illinois? I could be there in the blink of an eye! Get yourselves together! Or not. Just have fun.

TrueJerseyGirl said...

I haven't gotten my mix yet! I'm going to rattle some chains now and see who I can scare up...

Cinnabar1 said...

Been catching up: Damn, guys... if I didn't know the two of you had already met, I'd be mailing SOMEBODY gas money!