Sunday, June 26, 2005

"My GOD... what have I DONE?!?"

Listening to: Black Sabbath, Black Sabbath

First of all, I want to once again thank the Fabu Lu for helping me distribute matches for all the mixmania! participants. A rare moment of valour for me, I'll be discrete in what she gets for her help.

I'm afraid that my last post has led to an unfortunate "meme" of sorts in that my posting of the scary pic of me from the 80's has enboldened others to dig deep for pics of themselves from that ugly decade (as you saw, it was for me, an "ugly decade"). Again, I refer you to Lu (for whom the 80's was much, MUCH kinder) who took my post as a reason to encourage others to come clean with their 80's pics. The horror... the horror...

In an attempt to skirt the blame for all of this (I swear, I didn't think it would go this far), I'll attempt to deflect attention away from hideous memories and participate in the meme I was tagged for by Vicki:

Pick 5-10 bloggers, and dedicate a song to them. The people to whom you dedicate are considered "tagged" for the meme.

Steve: Cream, Strange Brew
Lauren: The Ramones, Sheena is a Punk Rocker
Sterfish: Public Enemy, She Watch Channel Zero
Panthergirl: The Hollies, Long, Cool Woman in a Black Dress
JenL: David Bowie, Changes
Queen M: Elvis Costello, Mystery Dance
Mrs. G: Waylon Jennings, Mama, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys
Hank: Big Black, Kerosene
Chip: Patti Smith, Gloria
Zandee: Suicidal Tendencies, Institutionalized

So what was the thing with the 80's pics, anyway?

6 comments:

TrueJerseyGirl said...

I just saw your 80's pic and I will say in your defense, that is what EVERYONE looked like in the 80's. Didn't they?

Bernadette said...

No Sibelius song dedication?! He wasn't only a symphonist, Jim.

Natsthename said...

A big, fat LOL on the hair in that shot!

Hank said...

I jumped the gun a bit an mailed my Mixmania! The Summer Mix! disc a bit early as the Hank Family will be out of town on 7/1. And I mailed a couple to you Jim. One for Iraq (let the Healing Power of my Mixmania! The Summer Mix! CD calm the insurgency and bring Peace to Mesopotamia) and one for you.

z. said...

EVERYONE looked like in the 80's!?
no, no, no. See?

panthergirl said...

Hey, thanks for the dedication!!! I usually get "Maneater" or "Evil Woman"! ;)