Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Gulity Pleasures Meme is Alive and Well and Appalling Us All

Listening to: Sepultura, Chaos A.D.

Days like today when my head is a bit foggy from a wild night and no amount of Earl Grey will pull me back from the void, I sit and wonder just what the hell I'm going to post. Then Lu at Skip to My Lu saves me by seductively whispering the "Guilty Pleasures" meme into my ear. Actually, I'm not sure if she whispered "meme" or "me... me..." into my ear, so I should get around to clarifying that, toot suite.

If you paid attention to this post's music selection, you see one guilty pleasure is cheesy mteal/thrash metal. I might listen to it once a month, tops, but when I do, I play it at a noise level that makes ears bleed, children in the next county cry, and local fundamentalists swear that Armageddon is upon us. After I'm finished listening to it, I usually set fire to something. Breakin' the law, breakin' the law.

Forensic true-crime shows on Court TV when I can't sleep. If I ever commit the perfect murder, thank Court TV.

If a woman is wearing a short skirt and sitting down, I have to look for a crotch shot. Really, I have to. That's why I'm edging down in my seat, contorting myself in a most indiscrete manner.

Candy. Not chocolate but fruit candy, preferably Chewy Runts. Once in Denver, lodged in a hotel room, I noticed a vending machine had Chewy Runts. I spent almost $10 emptying the machine of every last bag.

One of these days, I'll own a 1967 Corvette Stingray.

Exercising my awesome powers of telekinesis to make my laundry sort itslef, dump itself into the washer and then the dryer, fold itself and finally, fly into various drawers. OK, it doesn't have to sort itself.

Nude blogging.

--------------------
The Zero Boss sez he's about at the $100 mark with us clicking his ads. Every time I surf over to his site, I click every single ad and I want to thank everyone who reads me and has likewise been clicking ads. All I have to say is, keep up the good work. It's halfway through the month and we could prolly put him over the $200 mark. Righteous.
--------------------
Speaking of half-way through the month, Mixmania! has 15 players but we're still taking on willing mixers. Click HERE to check out what you gotta do, leave a comment (or send an email) and we'll get you on board.

3 comments:

GraceD said...

Thank you for your kind reminder of supporting Jay. I click where I can.

Heavy metal guilty pleasures? This will not be on my mix, FYI.

Upskirts? Not downblouses?

Nino the Mindboggler said...

Good point, oh sexy, evil one. "...AND downblouses," indeed. Especially loose ones with no bra. And bending over.

Boooooooooooo-bees....
*drooooooooooooooool*

lu said...

Allow me to elucidate....

On va chez toi ou chez moi?