Saturday, December 18, 2004

Saturday, HO! Hummmmm......

Listening to: Stanton Moore

X came and got the kids this morning about 9 and it broke my heart to see them go... our holiday arrangement, with the girls out of school, is that she gets them for the week. They need their mom, I know, but the lack of chaos is disconcerting. Then I read THIS over at Jen's blog and as Patsy Cline sang, I go to pieces. What a wuss I am....

A whole damn week without my kids... what am I going to do? Drinking heavily comes to mind but I'm sure I can only tolerate that for a few days before the novelty wears off; I'm not in my 20's anymore. I'm in no mood to go out, really, it's not that I'm afraid of getting pulled over (I live in a little hippie town in the mountains and all the bars are walking distance) it's just - I don't want to do it... Christ, it sucks to get old. Read and pry the dried Froot Loops off my kitchen floor, that's all I'm good for.

Re-read some Faulkner and see if he can teach me how to write...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. It must be so hard to spend the holidays without the kids. Maybe this will be the week you become a prolific blogger :) Big hugs to you.

Jenny
www.threekidcircus.com/threekidcircus